Have you ever read in the Bible a wonderful statement about how God sees you and thought, well that‘s not true for me. Recognising these amazing statements as true is a huge step to seeing them active in your life. Today, I will list ten incredible truths of your new identity in Christ.
It was a very exciting time when I first came to know Jesus. Immediately I began to see changes in my life. For one, I used to feel lonely even in a room full of people. This had been something that I experienced from early childhood, but the moment I was saved, I changed. I no longer felt lonely even when alone (Matthew 28:20).
It wasn’t long though, before I came face to face with a statement in the Bible which disagreed with how I felt. It said something good about my new identity, but my circumstances didn’t agree, therefore I didn’t feel it was true for me. My reaction to discovering these disparities varied, but it took some considerable time for me to realize that some of these negative circumstances in my life had never changed because I had never paused long enough to confront them with God’s truth.
Here is a list of ten astonishing attributes which are true of you if you have put your faith in Jesus. As you read them, don’t just pass over any of them you might find hard to believe, but stop for a minute and think on what they say about you. They’re as true for me, as they are for you.
- You are a new creation. The old life has gone and you have a new life (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- You are a dwelling place of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
- You are forgiven (Ephesians 1:7).
- You are loved (Ephesians 1:4).
- You are accepted (Ephesians 1:5).
- You are a saint (1 Corinthians 1:2).
- You are a child of God (John 1:12).
- You have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places (Ephesians 1:3).
- You are now part of the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27, Ephesians 1:23).
- (In the body of Christ) Every principality and power is beneath your feet (Ephesians 1:21).
As you embrace the truth, you will begin to understand how amazing you are in Christ. You are brand new and yet you are still you! God made you that way!
If you want to understand more about living in your new identity, check out my message: ‘How to live in our new identity in Christ’.
What experiences have you had in discovering your new identity in Christ? Please leave a comment below.
If you found this message helpful feel free to share it. You can post directly to other media using the buttons on this page. Don’t forget to sign up with your email if you wish to receive my latest articles direct to your inbox.