A couple of weeks ago I wrote a blog where I testified to how God has supplied my needs in every season.
My history is filled with miraculous encounters with God, especially where He provided financial blessing. I often think: “If anyone should be consistently in faith for financial provision, it should be me.” The problem is, even with all my experience, I often struggle to believe God will always provide.
Nicki and I are currently spending half of each week attending ‘Eastgate School Of Supernatural Life.’ As a result of our choice to step into this, we are living in a season where our guaranteed monthly income falls a long way short of our needs.
This morning, as I was praying, I experienced a wave of anxiety with regard to my finances. Before I knew it, my thoughts spiralled down weighted by thoughts of lack, need, debt, that we had worn out people’s generosity, and the fear that God won’t help this time. The silly thing is it’s not as if its been a long time since I last saw God provide, as it was only yesterday that someone gave me a gift.
Thankfully, I recognised my negative free-fall quickly and stopped the decline, and it was at that moment that I realised how often we can struggle due to our attitude and mindset.
What should you do when doubts are invading and hope is lacking:
- Strengthen Yourself in the Lord. Get your eyes on Him and remind yourself of His goodness.
- Get the word of the Lord. If you don’t yet have a word from God for your circumstance then ask Him for one.
- Remember God’s goodness. Remind yourself of the good things God has done for you in the past.
- Be inspired. If you don’t have testimonies of your own for the specific circumstance you are facing then listen to other people’s.
- Make declarations. The biggest difference happens when you start to declare good outcomes over the circumstance you are facing; the bolder you can be the better!
If you act on these five suggestions, you will quickly find your hope levels rising once again to strengthen your faith.
Let’s face it, too many of us live with and entertain thoughts that have no right to be there. You don’t need to wait for your circumstances to change in order for your hope to rise, or for your peace and joy to be restored. They are your right as a child of God. We need to learn and practice how to strengthen ourselves in the Lord.
We mustn’t be naive. We have to choose to make a stand every day. Stand firm against your doubts and fears. God is good, and His goodness is directed right at you.
I would love to hear about your experiences of using declarations to grow in hope. Share your story by leaving a comment below.
If you found this message helpful feel free to share it. You can post directly to other media using the buttons on this page. Don’t forget to sign up with your email if you wish to receive my latest articles direct to your inbox.